Talk To A Lawyer Now
Contact Menu

modifications Archives

Modifications to spousal or partner support in California

As the years go by after divorce, circumstances may change. Those changes in life could mean that any divorce settlement may need some modifications from the original. Divorced California residents can ask for changes to spousal support (also called alimony), or partner support with regard to domestic partnerships. A judge is the one who orders spousal/partner support and to change that order, it has to be shown that circumstances under which the order was initially made have changed.

Divorce modifications in California

Life circumstances are apt to change and chances are what was once fine in terms of a divorced couple's agreement may no longer be adequate. Then, there may be times when there are fraudulent things contained in an agreement or something that doesn't align with California or federal laws. That's where divorce modifications can come into play. 

California divorce modifications: Settlements can be changed

The only constant in life is change. When a California couple finds themselves negotiating a divorce, settlements are usually fashioned using the couple's current circumstances. But life changes after divorce, and with those changes, modifications to any agreements might be wise.

email us for a response

It’s Time For A Lawyer

Contact the Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Langlois Family Law, APC
23632 Calabasas Rd, Suite 104
Calabasas, CA 91302

Phone: 818-225-9900
Fax: 818-225-9929
Calabasas Law Office Map